Food processors, beverage companies, cold storage, chemical and pharmaceutical companies have relied on ammonia refrigeration systems for decades due to ammonia’s unmatched thermodynamic properties. This unmatched thermodynamic efficiency can reduce energy and operational costs by 3 to 10 percent versus a comparable fluorinated gas system.
With fluorinated gas regulation driving the industry toward environmentally safe refrigerant alternatives, ammonia’s natural properties — including an ozone depletion potential (ODP) rating of zero and a global warming potential (GWP) rating of zero — make the refrigerant ever-more popular.
RMIPL’s undisputed ammonia refrigeration expertise includes:
- 30+ installations over three decades
- Experts in condensation control and air balance
- Installed systems with up to 5000 tons of chamber with IQF in ammonia refrigeration in a single system
- More than 80 designers, engineers, installers and service experts
Ammonia Refrigeration System Engineering & Design
RMIPL is the recognized industry leader in the design and engineering of ammonia refrigeration systems. Our in-house ammonia refrigeration engineers, designers and contracting field specialists work closely with other RMIPL disciplines to deliver innovative and energy-efficient systems that exceed client expectations. Our unparalleled ammonia refrigeration engineering and design services include:
- Preliminary design packages
- Bid packages
- Plan and spec design packages
- Condensation and air balance studies
- Energy audits and analyses
- Safety relief valve evaluation
- Machine room ventilation evaluations
Ammonia Refrigeration Fabrication & Installation
RMIPL’s experts can field-install and then commission your ammonia system in virtually any location in the world. To support field installations, we prefabricate systems in our state-of-the-art fabrication facilities, performing work offsite to achieve the highest quality and efficiency. Our 40 full-time welders are ASME certified and trained in RMIPL’s strict quality-control procedures to ensure work is correctly executed.
- Field installations
- System renovations
- Custom fabrication
- Prefabrication to support field installations